PANZER IV AUSF H  -  TAMIYA, 1/35

By: rtvmodeler - Mèxico

Part III  /  Washes

May-July, 2011


I applied washes mixing  "dark-yellow" y "matt-brown-yellow" y thinner enamel of Humbrol in all the armor.    Special washes on the camu with  "matt-army-green" .    with "dark-earth" in lines, screws, corners, damage zones, etc.

                        

Applied of chips with Vallejo mixing brown-red with black.

                   

           


I retouched the tools, mixed white and leather brown of Humbrol and metal with "metalcote".  The tweezers with Vallejo orange-brown.

     


2nd. Phase.-  For the following washes I used oils of "502 Abteilung - Wash-brown" of MIG mixed with Spirit-solvent.   Please see the pics for the method of application.

                          


Mud:  Mixing of Mr. surfacer 1000 of Gunze Sangyo (20%) + brown pigments (40%) + dust of fine marble (40%) .    You need to calculate the mix, must stay thick as milk.   After of dry the results is solid as a rock!

                               


More Washes:  Oils mixed with "Spirit-Solvent"".  Oils: Light-Rust brown + Wash-brown + Olive-Green + White-Tinanium + Black-Ivory + Natural Shadow and Yellow Ochre.  After of washes in the "Shurzen" was applied the mud.

                          


Detailing:  Place a pencil within each hole of damage and with black pigments on the surroundings.   Brown pigment underneath the chassis mixed with " Spirit".   With " Prismacolor" metallic-gray on screws and rivets, edges of hatchway, etc. 

                   
         


Driver's Visor:  I used Shining paper for manual art. ( seemed to the paper for gifts ).   Proceed to glue in both sides over a piece of styrene, a little scratch ( for use ) and to add in the armor.

                     


Muffler:  Carefully use the mr.surface 1000 of Gunze because it can raise the painting.   Pigments mixed with "Spirit-Solvent", 1st. light-rust, 2nd.  standard-rust and 3rd. old-rust,finally a little touch with black pigment.  The auxiliary muffler will be in another tone.

           


Spare tracks:I used "old-rust" pigment, 2nd. step, dust of graphite and 3rd. step black pigment.

           


Tracks: 1.-   Red hull of Tamiya   2.-   I applied satin varnish of Vallejo   3.-   black of Humbrol mixed with thinner enamel  4.-   black graphite.  After of placing it on the model, I will give it the last details.

      


I used my airbrush with "flat-earth" of Tamiya over the mud. Next and last step: The tracks!.

                       


1).- Using the same mix of Mud, were applied over the tracks.  2).- Airbrushing with "flat-eart" of Tamiya and  3).- Finally I will give a final touch over them.   Soon I will add pics with the Model finished, thanks for your attention!

THE END

                       


BACK TO CONSTRUCTION:  PAGE 1  / PAGE 2

BACK TO PAINTING: PAGE 3


MODEL FINISHED!